Run For A Reason
Before you register and pay out of your own pocket, consider signing up to raise money for our charities. Our ‘Run for a Reason’ fundraising program enables runners to quickly and easily set up personal fundraising pages for our official marathon charities. You can send your page to family, friends and co-workers for contributions towards your effort. If you raise $300 or more, you will receive a FREE ENTRY in any individual Cellcom Green Bay Marathon weekend event! This year’s marathon charities include:
How The Program Works
The Cellcom Green Bay Marathon’s “Run for a Reason” program is an easy-to-use web-based program that makes fundraising simple. After creating a personal fundraising page complete with personal statement and photo, fundraisers are able to email out their page to friends, family, training partners, and co-workers. People who create a fundraising page and raise $300 or more get one FREE entry to any Cellcom Green Bay Marathon event (other than the Marathon or Half Marathon Relay).
SET UP YOUR PERSONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE!
2018 “RUN FOR A REASON” PROGRAM RULES:
1. Deadline to sign up for the program is on or before midnight on Sunday, May 6, 2018
2. Deadline to raise the minimum $300 is on or before midnight Sunday, May 6, 2018. No fundraising activity will be permitted after this time.
3. All Fundraising must be done online through the registration site. No cash or checks can be accepted by the marathon office.
4. You may use your earned code to register for any event other than the marathon or half marathon relay.
5. If you intend to earn a free entry via Fundraising, you should not register until you’ve raised the $300 minimum and received a “registration code” from the Marathon Office. Those who have already registered prior to becoming a fundraiser and raising the $300 minimum are advised to SELL their original registration to other runners seeking entry via the marathon’s Facebook page. Then re-register with the code.
HOW DO I TRANSFER MY REGISTRATION?
- The first step to transferring your registration is to find a buyer. We do NOT maintain a wait list therefore we suggest emailing your friends, family, and coworkers to let them know about your available bib. If you use Facebook, we also recommend posting on both your Facebook page as well as the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon page to find an interested buyer. NOTE: Once our events get closer, many people are looking to sell their bibs so if you know that you are not able to participate, post the availability right away.
- Once you find a buyer, they will need the original transaction number which is on your confirmation email. They will also need the first and last name of the original registrant.
- Go to the registration page on our website then click on “Transfer Division(Person A to Person B)”. Or click HERE. The Buyer can fill in the required fields. Please note: You MUST have the original transaction number of Person A. Incorrect or inaccurate transaction number will result in Person B not being in the registered database.
- Your buyer will receive an email from Get Me Registered.
All transfers must be completed by midnight on April 30th. No Exceptions.
The Cellcom Green Bay Marathon permits participants to switch events until the event to which they would like to switch is full. Registered marathon participants may not switch to the half marathon after it has reached capacity. Similarly, half marathon participants may not switch to the marathon after it has reached capacity. Once any of the events are full, participants may no longer change to that event regardless of personal circumstances such as injury, medical conditions, scheduling conflicts or lack of adequate training.
All race changes must be completed prior to midnight on April 30th. No Exceptions.
We are unable to accommodate any race weekend event changes.
There is a $15 transfer fee for switching events. Switching from the marathon to the half marathon will not result in a partial refund. Participants switching from the half marathon to the marathon will need to pay the $15 price difference between the events.
Participants are discouraged from running events that they are NOT registered for.
Those who choose to do so on race day will be able to cross the finish line, collect a finisher medal* and enjoy the post race celebration, but they will not appear in the posted results for the event.
*Note: Participants will only receive t-shirts and medals that correspond to the event represented on their packet or bib number regardless of which event they actually run. Example: A registered marathon participant who chooses to run the half marathon on race day will only be able to receive a marathon medal and a marathon t-shirt.
Click HERE to manage your registration.
Marathon Relay Information
Marathon Relay Team Captains can enter team members when they register the team. Click on the Registration button from the main page. Then click on “Register Now”. Scroll to the “Marathon Relay Registration” option and click on the green box titled “Marathon Relay Registration” Follow registration form prompts to complete the relay registration.
Team members can add themselves to the team with the registration transaction number. Click on the Registration button from the main page. Then click on “Register Now”. Scroll to the “Is your marathon relay team already created? Join your team here” option and click on “Join your marathon relay teammates” button. Follow registration form prompts to complete the relay registration.
For details about the marathon relay, including legs and maps, CLICK HERE.