Run For A Reason
Before you register and pay out of your own pocket, consider signing up to raise money for our charities. Our ‘Run for a Reason’ fundraising program enables runners to quickly and easily set up personal fundraising pages for our official marathon charities. You can send your page to family, friends and co-workers for contributions towards your effort. If you raise $300 or more, you will receive a FREE ENTRY in any individual Cellcom Green Bay Marathon weekend event! This year’s marathon charities include:
How The Program Works
The Cellcom Green Bay Marathon’s “Run for a Reason” program is an easy-to-use web-based program that makes fundraising simple. Start by clicking on the Start Fundraising button on the Registration page. Choose one of our Official Charity Partners. Click on Create Fundraiser Team, then click on Learn More, then Earn Free Entry. After creating a personal fundraising page complete with personal statement and photo, enter registration information, including payment information (this is if the $300 is not raised, the fundraiser will be charged the registration fee for the event they are signing up for.) From there fundraisers are able to email out their page to friends, family, training partners, and co-workers. People who create a fundraising page and raise $300 or more get one FREE entry to any Cellcom Green Bay Marathon event.
How to earn a free entry through fundraising
1. Create your fundraising team, set a goal, and fill out the race entry form.
2. Share your fundraising link via social media, email, etc.
3. After you meet the minimum goal or after your card has been charged for the entry due to an unmet goal, your entry will be activated.
2020 “RUN FOR A REASON” PROGRAM RULES:
1. Deadline to sign up for the program is midnight on May 13, 2020
2. Deadline to raise the minimum $300($300 per person for relay events) is midnight May 13, 2020. No fundraising activity will be permitted after this time.
3. All Fundraising must be done online through the registration site. No cash or checks can be accepted by the marathon office.
4. You may register for any event as long as $300 has been raised.($300 per person for the relay events.)
Participant to Participant Transfer/Sell registration to another
• Runners may sell their registration to another if they are no longer able to participate for a $15 fee.
• All changes must be completed by midnight on May 13, 2019.
• You can change your race distance by clicking HERE, and selecting “Sell Registration” on the next page.
- Once you find a buyer, you will need their email address.
- Your buyer will receive an email from Race Entry.
All transfers must be completed by midnight on May 13. No Exceptions.
Change Race Category
• Runners may change their own race distance for a $15 fee.
• All category changes must be completed by midnight on May 13th.
• You can change your race distance by clicking HERE, and selecting “Change Categories” on the next page. The Cellcom Green Bay Marathon permits participants to switch events until the event to which they would like to switch is full. Registered marathon participants may not switch to the half marathon after it has reached capacity. Similarly, half marathon participants may not switch to the marathon after it has reached capacity. Once any of the events are full, participants may no longer change to that event regardless of personal circumstances such as injury, medical conditions, scheduling conflicts or lack of adequate training.
There is a $15 transfer fee for switching events. Switching from the marathon to the half marathon will not result in a partial refund. Participants switching from the half marathon to the marathon will need to pay the $15 price difference between the events.
Participants are discouraged from running events that they are NOT registered for.
Those who choose to do so on race day will be able to cross the finish line, collect a finisher medal* and enjoy the post race celebration, but they will not appear in the posted results for the event.
*Note: Participants will only receive t-shirts and medals that correspond to the event represented on their packet or bib number regardless of which event they actually run. Example: A registered marathon participant who chooses to run the half marathon on race day will only be able to receive a marathon medal and a marathon t-shirt.
Other Important Information
There are no refunds for not completing the race. If you transfer from a race distance to a less expensive race, we are unable to refund the difference.
You can manage your registration, have your confirmation email re-sent, mange your relay team and more if you click here.
Marathon Relay Information
Marathon Relay Team Captains can enter team members when they register the team. Click on the Registration button from the main page. Then click on “Register Now”. Click on “Team” then click on Register Teammate”. Follow registration form prompts to complete the relay registration.
Team members can add themselves to the team with the registration transaction number. Click on the Registration button from the main page. Then click on “Register Now”. Click on “Team” then click on Register Teammate. Follow registration form prompts to complete the relay registration.
To look up a team follow this LINK then enter in the team name and click search.
For details about the marathon relay, including legs and maps, click HERE.