The Cellcom Green Bay Marathon Team Relay Challenge offers runners another way to run the marathon – with friends, family or co-workers. Teams are encouraged to seek sponsorship from local corporations, social clubs, restaurants, etc. and use that organization’s name as their team name.
Prizes: Each member of the top three relay teams (male, female, mixed) will be awarded.
Registration: Team Relay registrations may be filled out by one member of the team. Be sure to have all the information for the other runners in your group so you can register together. You will need names, addresses, phone numbers, birth dates, shirt sizes, and e-mail addresses. You may also manage your team by clicking HERE.
The race confirmation will be emailed to the primary contact. Only one person needs to pick up your Relay race packet on Friday, May 17th between noon and 7 pm or Saturday, May 18th between 10 am and 7 pm at the Lambeau Field Club Level. The Prevea Health & Fitness Expo will be held in the Lambeau Field Atrium.
Team Relay Challenge Rules:
- Relay teams can have from 2-5 runners per team. Team members are not required to work for the same organization or for the organization they represent.
- Four “Relay Hand-Off Sites” will be designated on the course. Although teams are encouraged to use these hand-off sites, they are not required to do so and may break up the 26.2-mile course as they please.
- Each relay spot will be clearly marked with a tall “RELAY EXCHANGE” teardrop-shaped flag. Participants should exchange in the general vicinity of the flag.
- Each team will be supplied one hand off band to serve as the “baton.” The red, reflective, snap band is easy to remove and transfer between runners. It also serves to show our lead vehicles that you are a preferred start team runner, rather than a preferred start solo runner in the lead pack.
- Please be courteous to other runners and pull out of the way to exchange your timing chip.
- No parking is allowed on the actual race course. Please park in side streets or adjacent parking lots.
- The race organizers reserve the right to reject team names that might be deemed offensive to other participants and spectators.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification.
There will be no shuttles provided to the relay teams. Teams must provide their own vehicles to move between the exchange locations. The relay exchange locations offer ample parking. In addition, each team will receive detailed driving instructions to get them from point to point in their packet with their materials on race weekend.
Prior to the race, teams should PARK IN THE K-MART OR ADJACENT PARKING LOT off of Lombardi Avenue, just west of the stadium. Parking anywhere else will jeopardize your ability to quickly and easily head to the first relay exchange after the start of the race. These lots have easy access to Hwy. 41, nearby handoff zones and access to sites on the east side of the Fox River.
2013 RELAY HAND-OFF SITES (OPTIONAL)
The legs and relay hand-off sites will be structured as follows:
MILE MARKER (COMPLETED)
|3||Morris Ave. & Ridge Rd. (ACE Hardware)
to Voyageur Park
Voyageur Park to Johnson Bank (Washington St.)
|5A||Downtown Green Bay (Johnson Bank) to Green Bay Distillery
(Runner Team Reunite)
Green Bay Distillery
RELAY RE-UNITE FOR LAMBEAU LEG (LEG 5B)
If your team members desire to cross the finish line as a team, we recommend that the final meeting place for all team members should be at the Green Bay Distillery, located 1/2 block east from Lambeau Field on Potts Ave. At this location, all team members may join their final leg runner and make a final “victory lap” through the stadium to the finish line.
The Green Bay Distillery zone will have plenty of parking in it’s lot, but the area will be VERY CONGESTED, due to the fact that this area serves multiple purposes. The Distillery not only serves as a relay re-unite area, but it also is a water/Gatorade station location, final approach medical zone, and the convergence point for both the half and full marathon courses. Please be courteous of these other groups and plan to join your final runner on the northwest side of the Distillery property, away from fluid and medical zones.
Digital online map (mapmyrun.com): CLICK HERE
Printable map (PDF): CLICK HERE
Note: On both maps, exchange areas are marked with the letter “R.”
RACE WEEKEND INSTRUCTIONS
PENDING to download 2013 Cellcom Marathon Relay race day instructions.
Click here to manage your relay.
Click here to view the entrants directory.