Team Relay Challenge Rules
- Relay teams can have from 2-5 runners per team. Team members are not required to work for the same organization or for the organization they represent.
- Four “Relay Hand-Off Sites” will be designated on the course. Although teams are encouraged to use these hand-off sites, they are not required to do so and may break up the 26.2-mile course as they please.
- Each relay spot will be clearly marked with a tall, red “RELAY EXCHANGE” teardrop-shaped flag. Participants should exchange in the general vicinity of the flag.
- Each team will be supplied one race belt with timing bib to serve as the “baton.” This race belt with timing bib is easy to remove and transfer between runners. It also serves to show our lead vehicles that you are a team runner, rather than a solo runner.
- Do not cover or obstruct your race number in any way with fuel belts, cell phones hands or arms especially when crossing the start and/or finish lines.
- No parking is allowed on the actual race course. Please park on side streets or adjacent parking lots. Be aware of runner and course direction to ensure that your team vehicle egress is not hindered.
- Please do not attempt to follow your team member as they navigate the course. This is strictly prohibited.
- The race organizers reserve the right to reject team names that might be deemed offensive to other participants and spectators.
- Failure to follow these rules may result in disqualification.
Course Certification Number: WI19004DM
USATF Event Sanction: In Process