- Why don’t you postpone or reschedule for a different weekend? We have considered all the possibilities in trying to organize a safe environment that would allow participants to experience the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon. Ours is a year-long planning and preparation cycle, and investments are made far in advance of race weekend. In our due diligence, we took a hard look at postponement options. In the Midwest, marathons are not held in summer or winter due to the regularity of unsafe heat or cold weather conditions, so fall is the alternative option. For Green Bay, fall means football season and Lambeau Field is dedicated to football, whether there is a home game or not. We looked at pulling Lambeau Field out of the event and that creates new issues. Out of respect for this economic, social and cultural season and place, we would need to relocate our course not only from Lambeau Field, but from the entire stadium district. We have committed to giving our participants an unrivaled course experience, and Lambeau Field is a big part of that experience. Here too, know that our event draws a national crowd from almost every state in the US each year, and draws in a global audience as well. Postponement presents more roadblocks than we could overcome, and too, the length of this uncertain climate is a question itself. It is hard to predict what normal will be after the fall and winter months.
- What guidance are you following to make this decision?
We weighed recommendations from the CDC and the State of Wisconsin, as well as input from our medical partner Prevea Health.
- Can I change distances for my virtual option?
You can run the distance of your choice, but you will receive a t-shirt and medal for the event you were registered for.
- If I defer to 2022 can I change event distances?
When you defer you will be moved to the equivalent event for 2022. When registration officially opens for 2022 you can change events per our usual process, including transferring your registration to someone else.
- How do I select the virtual or deferment option?
Please visit your confirmation email and select MANAGE YOUR REGISTRATION. This will bring you to a page where you can defer your registration to 2022. If you do nothing with your current registration, you will be sent a race packet for the 2021 virtual event in May.
- What is a virtual run?
A virtual run allows you to cover the miles of your chosen event– marathon, half marathon, relay or 5K – on your own. You pick the place and the time. Please follow guidelines for appropriate social distancing. We will send you your race packet via mail.
- When will I get my bib, t-shirt and medal? Do I need to submit my results?
Your packet including your bib, t-shirt and medal will be mailed in late April. You are in no way required to submit your results, but you can do so if you wish!
- Can I run my virtual run indoors?
You can cover the miles any way you choose, treadmill included. Please comply with recommendations on social distancing and emergency orders that are in place.
- Can I run my virtual run on the event course?
While the majority of our courses are on city streets and permissible to run on, there are portions of our routes that are not open to pedestrian traffic.
- Do I have to do it on May 15 or 16?
You can do the event on a day of your choosing.
- I’m injured and want to do the virtual run when I heal. Can I wait?
There is no set completion date. Get healthy and complete the miles when you’re up to it!
- What if I defer to 2022 and can’t run then?
Our typical cancellation policy would apply. You will have an option to sell your registration in fall of 2021.
- Can I get a refund?
We’re happy to offer options for participation this year and next to meet runner needs, but we cannot offer refunds.
- There are fewer costs to a virtual run. Where is the money going? Can I get a partial refund?
While virtual runs typically have fewer costs, we are faced with postage costs in addition to the administrative and hard costs of supplies, shirts, medals, and bibs. Each year, race proceeds are given to partner charities. While we cannot predict the outcome this year, or whether there will be any race proceeds, the same process and mission will be used.
- What about the cost of my travel plans?
Please check with your airline and/or hotel for options.
- I don’t want to defer or run a virtual race. What are my options?
Your entry fee will be used as a charitable contribution to the event if you do not select a virtual race or deferment option. We cannot issue a refund as all proceeds from the 2020 event have been donated to our charity partners.
- I’m a legend. What does this do for my status?
Being a Legend is defined by finishing an in-person Cellcom Green Bay marathon or half marathon event, so until we are able to come together again, all Legends will maintain their Legendary status!
- What should relay teams do if local health officials do not recommend running together when we decide to do our relay?
You can choose to complete the virtual run by assigning varying lengths of the 13.1 or 26.2-mile options or find creative ways to pass a “baton” while keeping required distances from each other and creating a “baton” exchange that includes a washing/sanitizing process. There is no requirement that relay teams do this together. We’re all running together in spirit.
- I was planning to volunteer. Do you still need help?
Thank you for your interest and support. We are not soliciting volunteers at this time.
- What if my t-shirt doesn’t fit? Are there options to exchange it?
We cannot accept or accommodate t-shirt exchanges at this time.